Establish Yourself is not Easy Nowadays –
Any artist that’s interested in marketing and selling their work at galleries, art festivals or online must know a few things before they begin. This article will discuss five major components beginner artists should think about before they embark on their journey as a successful artist. The first is believe in yourself. Second is create artwork that sales and third is become a business. Lastly, find a place to sell your work to help build your name and creditability. Let’s take a look at each one.
Use This Tips to Establish Yourself As an Artist
1. Believe in yourself. One of the most common negative trait many artists have is not believing they are a good enough artist. This is a bunch of bologna. If you have sold any artwork at all you are good enough. You may have to work on a few things but you have to start believing in yourself. I know an artist named Eric McCray who said he put a sign up for himself that said “Believe in Yourself” until he became the artist he wanted to be. So please, believe in yourself and tell all the negative thoughts in your head to shut up!
2. Create artwork. Create 20 to 30 pieces of artworks that are all consistent with each other. Don’t paint landscapes, portraits of pets, and abstracts. Choose your niche and stick to it! When collectors and galleries see your work they look for consistency. It shows that you are a professional. Also create art that sales. Don’t create art that is boring, dull or dark. People like to feel uplifted so please create your art accordingly.
3. Become a business. Set yourself up as a business. Get business cards, business licenses, separate checking accounts and etc. The worst thing you can do is be at an art show and you don’t have any business cards. You are completely missing out on sales. Next, get a website to help promote yourself as an artist. Website are fairly inexpensive these days and can be easily set up in no time. Also, read information about starting a business and have an entrepreneurial mindset.The more you learn about running a business and using different sales technique the better. Selling art is not just about applying to art shows,, selling on Etsy and being represented in art galleries but about marketing yourself nonstop using various marketing strategies that will help propel your business. I encourage you to read more books about marketing and selling as much as you read books on creating art. This will help you build the right mindset to run a successful business.
4. Find places to sell your work. Apply to art shows, art festivals, gift shops, galleries and the like. Do not go to libraries, coffee shops, or restaurants. People don’t go to these places to buy art. Just like real estate where location is king, same goes for finding places to sale your work. You have to place your art in front of people who would be willing to buy your art without any problem. Make sure you consider locations that are conducive to your market. You also want to put your art in front of people that pertains to your niche. If you paint birds you may want to sale at bird shows or several gift shops. Since I paint images of musicians playing different instruments I apply to music festivals. Do you see what I trying to get at.
5. Build a name for yourself. When you begin to sell your work at festivals, galleries or online set in motion your brand. Market yourself in such a way that when people think of art, or your niche, they think of you. The more you put your art in front of people the more chances of galleries and other art venues seek you out. You can also build your name by giving yourself a nickname like “the bird painter” if you paint birds. This could serve as your brand when building your customer base. I use a slogan that says “Jazz Up Your Life” since I paint musicians playing jazz music. When ever I do an outdoor show I have a sign up with that slogan above my tent. People respond to it very well.
Using all these tips can create a major impact for anyone trying to sell their artwork in their local area. There is a plethora of information out there that will mention many of these tips over and over again simply because they work. The more you focus on just creating art without planning on how to market and sell your artwork you will lose out. So please take head to these tips and move forward to becoming not just a good artist but a successful selling artist.
Establish Yourself Now Using These ABOVE Tips to Establish Yourself As an Artist🤗
MORE TIPS TO Establish Yourself for FUTURE – Use it now