The feature will be most helpful for influencers, freelancers, business people, or simply anyone looking for employment. It’s a means to put your identity out there for people to discover. Anyone in India can create their own People card and also see discover other people’s info the same way on their smartphone. For now, the People card can only be viewed via Google Search on smartphones and not available on the web.
People cards are only available in ENGLISH language for now with more languages expected to be introduced over time.
Follow the steps to create your own Virtual Business Card or People Card on Google Search:
- The first step is to sign in to your Google Account if you already don’t.
- Search for your name, or type in “add me to Search.”
- A prompt will appear on top that asks to add you to Google search, click on that.
- The system will ask you to provide your phone number for verification. Enter the six-digit code to continue.
- To create your unique people card, one can choose to include the image from their respective Google account, add a brief description of themselves, links to their website or social profiles, and, in case they wish, the option to even add a phone number or email address is also available.
- Once you’ve entered all the information, click on Save. You can then choose to view your own People Card.