No matter whether you’re a designer, a blogger, or an entrepreneur who wants to sell something – you’ll definitely want to get people hear about you. Obviously, this is the number one reason why you should make your brand visible online. Your power of convincing your target audience to connect with you is actually a pretty significant aspect of an important marketing concept, known as Social media branding.
To get it started, let’s check if you understand what a brand is.
A brand is a name, a trademark, a symbol, a design, or a combination of all these aspects, which makes a certain product or a service unique, different, and most importantly, easily recognisable by the target audience. The elements of every brand are its identity, value, recognition, and brand awareness.
How can social networks help you?
Social networks can be a really helpful way of getting significant online visibility and recognition for Social media Branding – they may help you attract the audience by acquainting you with your audience as if you and they were two persons. This way, your brand becomes more accessible not only to your loyal customers but to new ones, as well.
Of course, when things are put this way, it sounds really easy. However, sometimes you have to make the real effort for things to work out for your brand.
First of all, you have to define the mission of your Social media Branding.
We all want to be special and unique but often we’re not really aware of how to do it. In order to be different and stand out, above all, you have to know what YOU are doing. In other words, you must have a vision. Defining the mission of your brand is the first step in the process of creating the message you want to send to your consumers. This is the message they’ll understand and they’ll relate to, the message that’ll make them make their decisions without thinking only about the price but also about the value of your brand.
How can you give the value to your potential consumers?
First of all, decide what your vision related to your product or brand is. Then you have to transfer it to the consumers. The process of vision transfer (the time you spend explaining your ideas and devotion to the audience) is what gives the value to your brand and it is a great way of connecting with consumers because it deepens your relationship and makes it seem more than a simple business transaction.
That would be the essence of branding – especially internet branding. Don’t forget the honesty is the most important thing in the branding process. Your branding won’t mean anything if you promote something you don’t trust in. The vision of your brand has to be based on something you actually believe.
How to choose a social network?
There’s a wide variety of social networks where you can brand yourself. But once you decide to do it, you have to think about which one of them is the right choice for you. If you create profiles on too many social networks and start branding on each of them, it may become too complex for you to handle it. This can have a negative effect on your brand – you may not realise your full potential and may not reach your target audience.
This is the reason why we should take a look at the most popular social networks and see what they can offer to your online branding.
- Facebook, as a social network actively used by more than a billion people on a monthly basis, represents an unavoidable social network for online branding.
- Google+ is the perfect social network for building a relationship based on mutual interests and professions. This platform will make it possible for you to access and share the information you are interested in. That way, you’ll become closer with your audience and followers.
- Twitter is a great platform for conversational branding. Conversation is an awesome way to attract people and apart from that, Twitter is also the social network providing you with the latest news worldwide.
- LinkedIn is the social platform dedicated to companies, entrepreneurs, and professionals, which means, it’s a B2B oriented platform, ideal for connecting with other businesses, companies, and brands, as well as finding new employees.
- Pinterest is another great social network which is the best branding option if your target audience is female population. Therefore, if you want to promote makeup, cosmetics, jewellery, shoes, or clothes, this is the network whose potentials you should use.
- Instagram is a fantastic choice for those who rely on visual elements – the jewellery or clothes shops, especially if the youth is your target audience.
In the end, all you have to do is to think about the type of relationship and the type of communication you want to establish with your potential consumers. Do you want to attract them with useful conversations or striking images? Do you want to find your way to youth or interact with other brands, companies, and professionals? Users can also do brand search at Indian Trademark Search engine. Don’t forget that the honest answers to these questions are the keys to your success.